For several years now, I have spent many hours on the phone every week, calling churches to schedule meetings. It has seemed like a never-ending task, but it is one that is necessary and the Lord has given me strength to do it. Well, now as I look over my calendar, I can see that it is nearly filled - just a few scattered Sunday slots are still open, and several churches that are still considering whether they will be able to have me present my ministry to them. As I hope to be finished with deputation before the end of the year, I'm not scheduling any meetings for 2012 yet. This means that I no longer need to spend so much time on the phone, and I've been able to turn my attention to other activities: preparing myself for the various aspects of my future ministry on the field, and assisting in the preparation of technical tools to help our translators and consultants all over the world. It's great to be able to spend more time on these things, but I'm looking forward even more to being able to put them into practice on the field!
Although I am mostly finished with phone calls, I'm not finished with my deputation travels yet. I have meetings most weekends, and a few Wednesdays, for the rest of the year, so that will keep me busy as well. Right now, I'm settled in a comfortable little guest apartment in a small town near Akron, Ohio. My meetings for the next few weeks are all in northern Ohio. Pray that the Lord will burden some of the churches where I'll be ministering to support me financially, as well as in their prayers! Thanks for praying!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.