August Prayer Letter

Dear Prayer Supporters,

Exciting events and opportunities are just around the corner! I could hardly wait to tell you about them, so I am writing this letter a couple weeks early to bring you up to date on what is going on.

B.I. ANNUAL RETREAT AND CONSULTANT SEMINAR

I am writing now from Grand Rapids, Michigan, where I arrived just a few hours ago. Praise the Lord for frequent flier programs: I was able to redeem some miles to get a plane ticket from Pennsylvania to Michigan for almost no cost! Tomorrow (August 16), Bibles International’s annual retreat begins. It’s always a refreshing time with ministry colleagues, though we do have to do some work as well! Friday (August 19) is the start of our consultant seminar. This is the most important time of the year for consultants, as we discuss the work that is being done, plan out the next year’s activities, and gain additional education. Please pray for all of us who attend.

GOING TO CHAD AGAIN!


One of my tasks as a translation consultant will be to help give national translators the training they need in order to do their job effectively. For the first time, I will have the opportunity to observe this aspect of translation ministry firsthand, as a senior consultant will be leading a two-week training workshop for translators in Chad in late August and early September. In this case, the translators have already received the first level of training some time ago, so the workshop will give them an advanced level of training. I’m really looking forward to being at the workshop, and also to visiting Chad again! I’ll be leaving on August 28 and returning September 14. Instead of making the usual connections through Paris, I’ll be flying through Ethiopia, so it should be a trip with some interesting differences from all my previous trips to Africa. Please pray for safe and smooth travels, and especially that the translators who attend the workshop will benefit from the training.

YOU’RE INVITED!

The next exciting event is one to which you are all invited to come – my commissioning service! It will be on Sunday, September 25th at my sending church, Faith Baptist Church in Kittery, Maine, located at 22 Litchfield Road in Kittery. The morning service is at 10:45am, and will be followed by a luncheon and an afternoon service. I realize most of my readers live too far from Kittery to attend, but you can still be praising the Lord with me and praying for me as I look forward to leaving for the mission field.

SUPPORT UPDATE

Welcome to all those who have recently joined my team of financial supporters! Praise the Lord that I now have 86% of my monthly support – only 5 or 6 more supporters needed to reach full support! Outfit and passage continues to grow slowly but steadily, and is now at 68%. Please continue to pray that I will reach full support before the end of the year!

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.