Last Deputation Meeting!

It's been almost exactly 5 years since my first deputation meeting, though only about 3 1/2 years of that has been full-time.  The first churches I visited were in Iowa, and among the first churches I contacted was Adelphi Calvary Baptist Church in Runnells - just east of Des Moines.  As I've continued the deputation trail, they have faithfully supported me in prayer and occasionally sent me a short note of encouragement in reply to my prayer letters.  As I planned out my final deputation meetings, I was excited to have the opportunity to visit them again, and as it turned out, it was the very last one on the calendar.  I started and ended my deputation journey in nearly the same place!  It was neat to reflect on all that has happened and all that the Lord has taught me since I was last there.  The entire day was a blessing, and my last deputation presentation went well apart from a few minor technical difficulties (which were quickly resolved).  The folks were interested and asked great questions.  Praise the Lord for allowing me to conclude deputation on such a positive note!

After packing up my display and equipment for the last time (well, for a few years anyway), I returned to my temporary lodgings in Slater for one more night before climbing back into my car for yet another long trek.  Today I drove from central Iowa to Grand Rapids in western Michigan, where the BI office is located.  I'll be here for a couple days to make some final arrangements before I leave the country.  On Thursday, I will drive back to Indiana to begin packing for France! 

Earlier today, I received a phone call from a post office employee who wanted to deliver a package that had arrived for me.  It sounds like my passport has made it through all the bureaucracy channels already, several days before I expected it!  So my passport with the student visa will be waiting for me when I get back to Indiana.  The visa process is over at last!

Only one more obstacle remains to overcome before I can leave: the completion of my monthly support need.  I am still holding steady at 98%, just around $90 from the 100% mark.  Please continue to pray that the remainder will come through very soon, before the scheduled January 12 departure.  Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

  1. What a testimony of God's faithfulness!

    Robert Schultz

    ReplyDelete

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.