June Prayer Letter


Dear Prayer Partners,

Summer in France has meant a refreshing change of pace, time to read and study and travel. Thankfully though, the Lord is continuing to work in my life without ceasing and to answer our prayers, so I have plenty of news to share with you!

Language Study Update

The first few weeks of May were hectic as I completed my first semester of language study and took all my final exams. At the end of May, I enjoyed a very restful vacation, which included a three-day trip to Paris with two short-term missionary ladies. We had a tremendous time seeing the sights of the famous city, and were very sorry to part ways at the end of our time together.

This month (June), I've been studying French on my own so that I do not lose any ground, and also setting aside some time to maintain my studies in the biblical languages. It's been nice to study at my own pace, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the university classes so that I can continue to make good progress in the language. I'll be taking French summer school in the month of July, starting on July 2 and continuing through July 27. This will be more intensive than the regular semester courses - about 20 hours a week - but should be very profitable. Thank you for continuing to pray for me as I study.

I do plan to continue my languages studies through next semester (September to December); however, my student visa expires in August. I have turned in the paperwork for a "carte de sejour" - a type of visa which will allow me to stay in France through the end of the year - and am now waiting to receive the documentation. Please pray that there will be no difficulties in receiving this.

"N" Update

In my last letter, I mentioned "N", a university student from east Africa who has visited my church here in Bordeaux to research for a class project. Soon after the university classes ended, "N" visited the church one last time to say goodbye, since her class project was finished and she said she "no longer had a reason to come to the church". Sadly, she continues to reject the gospel of Christ, but we continue to pray for her. It is no accident that the Lord brought her to this place where she has heard the gospel so many times, even though she is from a country with almost no gospel witness, and has come to a part of Europe that also has very little true gospel witness. Please pray that God will not allow her to forget all that she has heard in her times with us.

Outfit and Passage Update


Thank you for continuing to pray for the funds needed to purchase a vehicle in Chad. Thanks to some very generous gifts over the past couple months, I am now down to about $7,000 still remaining to cover this cost. Only two months ago, that amount was at about $10,000! Praise the Lord for how He is already providing for this need. Thank you for your generosity, your love and encouragement, and for your prayers!

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.