At the end of March, I attended my third workshop since I've moved to Chad. We edited the book of 2 Samuel in the Ngamh language. For this workshop, my coworker Susan led the workshop and I attended as an observer. Since Susan knows the language quite well, she is able to read the Ngamh text without the aid of a French translation of their text. Of course, since I've been here such a short time, I am not yet able to read Ngamh, but I was able to follow the discussions since French was the language of communication during the workshop. We're thankful for a good workshop and for the progress that was made.
This afternoon, I'll officially begin studying the Sara Kaba Dem language. Hélène, a Sara Kaba Dem woman who lives closeby in the city of Sarh, will be helping me to learn the language. Please pray for me as I study Sara Kaba Dem, not only for the studies themselves but also that new ministry opportunities will open up as a result.
Thank you for praying!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.