April Prayer Letter

April 2014

G’day from Australia!  It’s not very often that I have the opportunity to write to you from this corner of the world – in fact, it has been six years since I last visited Australia!  My time here is going by quickly, but I have greatly appreciated the break.  I’m looking forward to heading back to Chad in a few weeks much refreshed, to continue the work that the Lord has given me to do there.
 

February Workshop

In late February, I spent a week with the Sara Madjingaye translation team, checking the books of Jonah, Micah, Nahum, and Habakkuk.  I was a bit nervous coming into this workshop, since I am still quite inexperienced, and I knew that one of the translators can be a complicated person to work with.  I also expected that some of the passages we were working with would be challenging to translate.  The 100°F / 38°C heat was another challenge we had to deal with as we tried to work.  However, in spite of the challenges, the workshop went quite well, and we finished our work well ahead of schedule.
 

Mini-furlough in AustraliaWith my parents on my first Sunday in Australia.

It has been a tremendous blessing to spend these weeks with my parents and friends here in Australia.  I am thankful to have the opportunity to rest and enjoy a bit of sightseeing, as well as reporting to the churches and individuals here that have been supporting me and praying for me.  Being in a developed country also allows me to get some needed medical and dental checkups, and I’m very thankful for good reports from each one.  I’ve also been able to stock up on antimalarial medication, fresh contact lenses, and supplies of various other things that are difficult to get in southern Chad.  Praise the Lord with me for all His blessings on this trip so far, and thank you for your continued prayers for the rest of my stay in Australia.  I am scheduled to fly back to Chad on May 14.
 

Future Workshops

I will busy again as soon as I return to Chad, as my next workshop is scheduled for the last two weeks of May.  Lord willing, I will be working with the Sara Kaba Dem translators to check the book of 2 Kings, and if we have time, we may start on the book of 1 Chronicles.  The translator, Job Hondo, has been through many trials with the failing health of his wife.  She was in and out of hospitals for a long time, but the Lord finally took her home to be with Him in late January.  Pray for Job and his family as they adjust to life without their mother and spouse, and for Job as he continues the translation work.

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.