In just about 24 hours, I'll be on my way back to Chad. It's been a tremendous two months in Australia! It's been wonderful to be with my parents and see many old friends again. My parents and I have enjoyed seeing some of the places I used to enjoy visiting as a child, and to enjoy pleasant hours at home playing games, watching movies, or just chatting.
I've also realized I needed the break from African life more than I knew, and the pleasant hours of relaxing or studying in my parents' quiet home have been greatly refreshing. It's been good to get a break from the heat and dust of the Chadian hot season, and enjoy the mild temperatures of southern Australia. Facilities such as hot showers and high-speed internet have been great too, and plenty of doses of Mum's good cooking mean that I will be returning very well-fed!
On ministry lines, I spoke in 7 churches and 5 ladies' meetings. In each place, everyone was gracious, welcoming, interested to hear about the translation work in Chad, and amazingly generous. A huge THANK YOU to each one of the churches and ladies' groups that I visited in Australia! I have felt greatly loved and blessed by all of you.
In every respect, these past two months in Australia could not have been more blessed. Each time I was feeling astounded at the blessings the Lord had given me, He bestowed even more!
Now as I head back to Africa to continue the work there, I know there is a busy year ahead of me, and life there is always full of challenges. Yet at the same time, I'm looking forward to getting back and seeing all my Chadian friends again, and to get back into the work to which the Lord has called me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.