June Prayer Letter


Dear Prayer Supporters,

After about six weeks at my parent’s home in Indiana, in May I began six months of traveling to report to my supporters. I’ve now been on the road for over a month. Although it isn’t easy to be constantly moving from place to place, there are also many blessings that God provides during this part of missionary ministry.

Travels in New England and New York State

I began my furlough travels in New England by visiting churches in Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and upstate New York. The past several weeks have been busy with travels and meetings, but God has given many blessings throughout these travels. In one church in Connecticut, a short but activity-packed missions conference was a great blessing as the folks were full of great enthusiasm about missionary work and Bible translation. In two other churches, I met people who had immigrated to the USA from French-speaking countries, and we were all excited for the chance to communicate in French again. Each church has been a special blessing to me, and I trust that the Lord has also made me a blessing to them.

Upcoming Travels

I am currently staying in a small guest house at a supporting church in upstate New York. Next week, I will move on, making a stop in New York City before heading to Pennsylvania to spend a little time with my extended family in Lancaster County. From there, I will gradually continue working my way west through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and finally Iowa. Please continue to pray for safety on the roads as I travel.

I would like to ask prayer for one specific need. I have four weeks of meetings scheduled in central Illinois for the month of September, and I have not yet found a place to stay in that area. In the past, I used to stay with relatives who lived in Illinois for many years, but as they have since died, I must now seek other options. Although I could stay with my parents in Indiana, the distance would require quite a bit of extra driving to and from meetings in Illinois, which would mean more wear and tear both on myself and on my vehicle. Would you pray with me that the Lord would provide a place in Illinois for me to stay for those weeks? Also, if you know of a guest house or guest apartment in central Illinois (especially in the Springfield, Decatur, or St Louis areas) that might be available for part or all of that month, please let me know. 

Furlough Travels

Here is a rough outline of my travel plans from now through October:
  • June: Visiting churches and relatives in New York State and Pennsylvania
  • July 4-8: Baptist Mid-Missions Annual Conference in Cleveland, Ohio
  • Late July to early August: Visiting churches in Ohio and Indiana
  • August 9-19: Bibles International consultant seminar and staff retreat in Grand Rapids, Michigan
  • Late August through September: Visiting churches in Illinois
  • October: Visiting churches in Iowa
Thank you for your faithful prayers and support.

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.