November Prayer Letter

Dear Prayer Supporters,

My furlough time in America is now drawing to a close, and I will soon be going back to Chad. As I look back over the past eight months, I praise the Lord greatly for having given me a really great furlough! I’m eagerly looking forward to what the Lord will do as I head back to Africa to continue the Bible translation work there.

Furlough Travels Completed! 

Over the past six months, I have traveled through 15 states, spoken in 25 churches, and logged nearly 9500 miles on my car. In the process, my supporters and I have become much better acquainted with each other, and I have enjoyed reviving old friendships and forging some new ones. In spite of all the traveling, I have also been able to find time for physical and spiritual refreshment along the way.

I spent the last couple months of my furlough travels in Illinois and Iowa. Besides visiting supporting churches, I also had the opportunity to participate in the annual missions conference at Faith Baptist Bible College and Seminary. I spent nearly 6 years as a student there (2002-2007), so it was a blessing to be back and to re-connect with many old friends, classmates, and professors. I also enjoyed meeting some of the current students. Please pray for several Faith students who are seriously considering a future ministry with Bibles International.

I am now back at my parents’ home in Indiana. I’m looking forward to spending a full month with my family, then I will fly back to Chad on December 8. I will spend several days in the capital to renew my visa before finally traveling on to Sarh in the south of the country. Please pray for safe travels.

Scripture Use 

Scripture Use material is anything other than the published Bible translations and literacy materials which is designed to encourage people to use their Bible translations more widely or more effectively, such as tracts, Bible verse posters, Bible reading plans, and materials to aid in Scripture memorization. I will be working with BI and with the Chadian committees to try to produce more such materials in Chadian languages. Please pray for wisdom in this endeavor.

What's Happening in 2017

Here are some of the events planned for 2017:
  • 3 translation checking workshops with the Sara Kaba Naa
  • 3 translation checking workshops with the Sara Kaba Deme
  • 2 translation quality checking workshops with the Day (pronounced “die”)
  • Hosting short-term missionary guests: I am expecting at least 8 or 9 different visits from missionaries in 2017. Some will help in the translation work, others will teach in the local theological school. Thank you for your faithful prayers and support.
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.