Dear Prayer Supporters,
Thank you for praying for me as I completed my furlough and traveled back to Chad. I arrived safely in the village of Balimba (near the city of Sarh) in mid-December, and enjoyed a very warm welcome from my Chadian friends. I have been very busy getting settled back into life and ministry here, but I am so thankful that God has brought me back here and given me the privilege to serve Him here in Africa.
Translation Update
We have quite a busy schedule of translation checking workshops planned for this year. Besides the two language groups I usually work with (the Sara Kaba Naa and Sara Kaba Deme), I will also be assisting another language group, the Day (pronounced die). This group has been very diligent in translating the Old Testament, and is hoping to be finished within the next couple years. I have not worked with this group before, and their language is very different from the other Chadian languages I have worked with, so I’d appreciate your prayers for that.
Three other consultants who are based in the USA will make trips to Chad throughout the year to work with the Day as well as with two other language groups, the Sara Madjingay and the Ngam. Thank you for your prayers for the continued progress of the Bible translation work in Chad.
Three other consultants who are based in the USA will make trips to Chad throughout the year to work with the Day as well as with two other language groups, the Sara Madjingay and the Ngam. Thank you for your prayers for the continued progress of the Bible translation work in Chad.
Coworker Update
My new coworkers, Les and Carol Carew, have finished their furlough but have not yet arrived in Chad. They are currently in their previous mission field, the Central African Republic, organizing their affairs there and preparing to move to Chad. Please pray for them during this time of transition.Other Important Events
As I write, two visiting missionaries from BMM’s PEP ministry (Pastoral Enrichment Program) are busy teaching two module classes on systematic theology and on pastoral life and ministry. We have missionaries visit Chad to teach Bible school classes at least a couple times every year, but this time it is different: while in the past the classes have been taught to a small group of Bible school students and local pastors, this time people from our Baptist churches all over southern Chad have been invited. There are currently over 160 people attending the classes, including pastors, deacons, evangelists, and Sunday school teachers. Word from both the professors and the students is that it is going very well. Many of those attending have never had adequate theological training, and they have greatly appreciated all that they are learning. These classes are the first two in a series of 12 classes that will be taught to the Chadian church leaders over the next three years (four classes per year). Please pray that the Lord will use these important classes to ground our churches more solidly in the truth of God’s Word.Thank you for your faithful prayers and support.
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
Thanks for this update.
ReplyDelete