Dear Prayer Supporters,
It’s mango season in Chad! The weather is hot and dusty, but the trees near my house have been heavily laiden with the juicy, delicious yellow fruits. As a rule, if the preceding rainy season was heavy enough, the mango trees will produce well. We had a lot of rain last rainy season, so the mangoes are especially good this year!
Just as the rain provides our trees with good mango fruits, we pray that the provision of God’s Word will bear much good fruit in the hearts of the Chadian people.
It’s mango season in Chad! The weather is hot and dusty, but the trees near my house have been heavily laiden with the juicy, delicious yellow fruits. As a rule, if the preceding rainy season was heavy enough, the mango trees will produce well. We had a lot of rain last rainy season, so the mangoes are especially good this year!
Just as the rain provides our trees with good mango fruits, we pray that the provision of God’s Word will bear much good fruit in the hearts of the Chadian people.
Translation News
In February, I met with the Ngam translators to check the book of 2 Chronicles as well as the last few chapters of Proverbs. This team has not had a checking workshop in some time, so they were eager to get back to work. I came to the workshop feeling a bit nervous, since I hadn’t worked with this team before, and I wasn’t sure how it would go. Although progress was not as fast as I would have liked, we still accomplished a lot, and I was very thankful for how well we were able to work together. Pray for this team as they seek to overcome various challenges in order to complete their Bible.
In March, I met with one of the teams I have been working with regularly since I came to Chad: the Sara Kaba Deme. We were able to finish the last remaining part of Psalms, and then we checked the first 37 chapters of Jeremiah. This team, which several years ago was discouraged and struggling, has been doing well lately and is making great progess. Besides Jeremiah, we only have four more books to check: Lamentations, Daniel, Ecclesiastes, and Job.
We were all excited to learn that the New Testament in the Dagba language is officially completed and is now at the printer! The Dagba language is not one that I have worked with, but I am praising the Lord with them, that they will soon have the New Testament available in their own language! Please pray that the printing and shipping will be completed in good time, and pray for the Dagba as they will soon begin to distribute the copies of their New Testament.
In March, I met with one of the teams I have been working with regularly since I came to Chad: the Sara Kaba Deme. We were able to finish the last remaining part of Psalms, and then we checked the first 37 chapters of Jeremiah. This team, which several years ago was discouraged and struggling, has been doing well lately and is making great progess. Besides Jeremiah, we only have four more books to check: Lamentations, Daniel, Ecclesiastes, and Job.
We were all excited to learn that the New Testament in the Dagba language is officially completed and is now at the printer! The Dagba language is not one that I have worked with, but I am praising the Lord with them, that they will soon have the New Testament available in their own language! Please pray that the printing and shipping will be completed in good time, and pray for the Dagba as they will soon begin to distribute the copies of their New Testament.
Updates on Prayer Requests
Thank you to those of you who prayed about my difficulties with the electricity in my house. There were several things that weren’t working, but we finally got them fixed, and now my electricity is running even better than it was before the problems began!
Thank you also for praying about the unrest due to the strikes on public services. For nearly two months, the public hospitals, schools, and post offices were closed. But finally the parties involved came to a resolution, and everything is now running normally again. We are all very thankful that the problems were resolved peacefully.
Thank you for your faithful prayers and support.
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
Thank you also for praying about the unrest due to the strikes on public services. For nearly two months, the public hospitals, schools, and post offices were closed. But finally the parties involved came to a resolution, and everything is now running normally again. We are all very thankful that the problems were resolved peacefully.
Thank you for your faithful prayers and support.
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
Thanks for this update. Glad your electric issue resolved
ReplyDelete