February 2021 Prayer Letter

Dear Prayer Supporters,

"For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:10-11) As I write, it is snowing heavily outside for the third day in a row. After eight years in tropical Africa, it isn't easy to adjust to snow, ice, and freezing temperatures! While I admit that the snow is pretty to look at, I'm just glad I don't have to drive in it today! But the Lord gives grace to survive the challenges of the American winter as well as the African hot season!

Furlough

I began furlough meetings at the beginning of January, and I have already reported at churches in Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. I have enjoyed good fellowship at each church, and I am thankful for the enthusiasm and interest in the translation ministry, and for their generosity and hospitality. I am also thankful that so far, neither the winter nor Covid have caused any of my scheduled meetings to be canceled. Please pray for continued good health and good weather for traveling.

 

Book Ministry


The various language groups in Chad have hymnbooks in their own langauges. Several of these were printed in the 1980's or 1990's and are now out of print, so they have been working on revising their hymnbooks to prepare them for reprinting. The hymnbook for the Day language (pronounced "die") is ready for printing, but we had a setback when the print shop we had been using temporarily closed due to lack of staff. However, recently God has provided a solution (at least temporarily) through a contact in neighboring Cameroon. We hope to get about 300 copies printed, so that the Day people can have at least some copies to use while we wait for the other printer to reopen.

If you would be interesting in giving toward the book ministry, please send funds to Baptist Mid-Missions for Anna Beth Wivell, subaccount: National Assistance. If you would prefer to give online, check this page for instructions.

Hebrew Class


One of my projects for this furlough is to work through my notes from my Hebrew class which was started during the Covid shutdowns in the middle of 2020. I am revising the existing notes and adding new material. This will eventually be three semesters' worth of material, so it is quite a big task, but I have already made good headway in this project. I'm looking forward to teaching it when I return to Chad in the fall, Lord willing!

Thank you for your faithful prayers and support.


In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.