Ministry of Providing Books for Pastors Has a New Name!

 For several years, I've been helping to make needed books and Bible study materials available to Bible college students and pastors.  This is technically different from the bookstore, as these books are not sold for a profit, and in fact are slightly subsidized.  Also, these are mostly books that have been specifically requested by individual people.

Since the beginning, I've had no more creative name for this ministry than "Anna Beth's Book Ministry", but I've been thinking that it's about time I had a better handle for it.  Well, the ministry now has a name - unless someone else comes up with a better one! I am open to suggestions.  For now, I'm calling the ministry La Gibecière du Berger, in English The Shepherd's Bag, taken from 1 Samuel 17:40.

"And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.1 1 Sam. 17:40 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.