For those who have been following the situation with my car and the little fender-bender I was in, here's the latest. I expect to get a check from my insurance company tomorrow. So, now I have a budget for how much I can afford to spend on repairing the headlight. The mechanic says it looks like they will be able to fix it for a price within my budget, so things seem to be working out. The car will still be in the body shop until at least next week, as it has to wait for the ordered parts to arrive, but I don't have any more meetings until August 12 so I can wait for a while. In the meantime, I've still got the rental car (yep, the fancy-shmancy Cadillac!) if I need to go anywhere.
This incident has reminded me again how important it is to wait on the Lord and trust in His plan. I'm as dependent on modern technology as much as anyone - my car, computer, Blackberry, projector and so on. Yet really it is the Lord that I must depend on, not technology. I guess it never hurts to practice a little patience too! I like to get things done right away - yesterday, if possible! But it is when I must practice patience and wait for the Lord's timing that I grow the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.