I'm drawing to the end of this series of deputation meetings. At the moment, I'm enjoying a few days at the parsonage of Calvary Baptist Church in New Stanton, PA. I've enjoyed my time with the pastor and his wife. The pastor's 92-year-0ld mother also lives with them. She has Alzheimer's Disease, but although her memory no longer works effectively, she is very sweet and full of spunk! And physically she is doing well; you would not guess she is in her 90's. So she is really very nice to have around!
This weekend I will go to Erie in northwest PA for the last of this series of deputation meetings. Early next week I should be back at my home base in Indiana, in my own bed! It's been less than two months since I last left it, but it seems like much longer because so much has happened. After being in a different bed every few days for the last couple months, it sure will be good to be in my own place again.
Even though I've only just recovered from jet lag from my last trip, I'm already making plans for my next trips. Lord willing, I will be able to participate in a short workshop this May, with the Tenek New Testament for Mexico. This translation project usually holds its workshops in the USA, and even though it is for a language in Mexico, the translators speak excellent English, so the workshops can be held in English instead of Spanish (a very good thing for me, since I don't know Spanish!). So if the dates work out for my deputation schedule, I should be able to participate! Right now it looks like it should work out, but the dates are not yet confirmed.
I'm also planning a trip to Chad, Africa, probably for early next year. This will be mainly a survey trip, to get a taste for the country, see some of the ministries taking place there, and to make some preliminary plans for housing, etc. I do not yet know the details of when I'll be going and what I'll be doing. But I will give more details on both of these future trips when I learn more. Please pray as plans continue to go forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.