I've been on the road a lot in the past few days. Over the weekend, I traveled from Ohio to eastern Iowa for a missions conference, and now I'm on my way back across the country for several weeks of meetings in western Pennsylvania. I usually try to avoid going so far out of my way for just one meeting, but as it was the only weekend that would work out for me to go to this church, I decided to allow an exception in this case. And it was worth it! The conference was a great blessing. In spite of the suffering economy, the church is thriving and seems to have a heart for missions.
Well, I made it a couple of hours before I stopped in a hotel (for my Aussie readers, that's a motel!). Just as I got to my room, an email showed up on my Blackberry from a young family in Maine, whom I stayed with over a year ago when I was in that area. They feel that the Lord has laid it on their hearts to support me financially as well as with their prayers! And their support brings me to 51%, so I'm over the halfway point at last! Praise the Lord that He has increased my support by 10% already this year! Please keep praying for a late 2010/early 2011 completion of deputation!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.