Well, I'm now almost 4 weeks into my linguistics courses. So far in Grammar In Use, we have studied morphology (how words are formed), semantics (meanings of words and statements), and have just begun studying syntax (structure of phrases and sentences).
I was particularly nervous about Phonetics/Phonology, because I'd done some reading on the subject in the past and had found it difficult. But it is easier to learn it in class instead of from a book, because we practice the sounds and technical terms together. Praise the Lord that I have been able to learn the material well so far, but we are starting to get into more complex sounds and more difficult material, so please keep praying!
Praise the Lord also for how well our class of girls is bonding together. We are all headed for different corners of the world: two are planning to go to Asia, one to South America, one to Cameroon, I'm going to Chad, and one is staying in the USA. But for these few weeks, the Lord has put us together, and we can enjoy the fellowship!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.