Anyone who's experienced deputation for any length of time has a nice collection of interesting stories of various incidents that have happened during their travels. Well, I've added a couple more to my list! Last Wednesday evening, a young girl came up to my table and asked me what may be the strangest question I've ever been asked: "How many moons do you have in Chad?" I wonder what planet she thinks Africa is on?! Yet, maybe that isn't such an unreasonable question after all! My first thought when I stepped off the plane last year in the Central African Republic was, "Wow, this is like stepping onto another planet!" Everything there is so different from either the USA or Australia - the people, language, sights, sounds, and smells. So, with so many other things in Africa being different, maybe it wouldn't be so surprising to see two moons in the sky!
Another small incident happened on Sunday night, at a different church. A bat somehow found its way into the auditorium! Praise the Lord that it didn't appear until after the service was over. Can you imagine me trying to give my presentation with a bat flying around? That would be distracting, to say the least! Apparently there has been a bat problem for a while, and repairmen have been working to stop up the holes where they've been getting in. Maybe the bat got confused when he couldn't get in by his favorite entrance, and lost his way trying to get in by other routes. It was still there when I packed up my display on Monday morning and left the church - hanging from the ceiling by the piano. I wonder what they will do if they can't get rid of it by Wednesday night! Will they have a new guest in their prayer service?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.