Last week was one of the most exciting events of my deputation time: Launch Seminar! From Tuesday morning to Friday afternoon, I joined four other missionaries at the BMM Home Office to learn how to complete our deputation and begin our new lives on the field. We had classes on culture shock, finances, relations with coworkers and nationals, mission policies, and more. We also enjoyed great fellowship and lots of good restaurant food! A special blessing for me was having a roommate during the seminar! I got to share a room with another single missionary lady, who also happens to be an old friend from my college days.
I thought I would probably need to refigure my support estimate during the seminar, but after several discussions at the Home Office, I've decided to keep all the figures as they are until I have a chance to make a survey trip to Chad in January (Lord willing). Until then, I'll just focus on continuing to raise my support and outfit-and-passage expenses at the current estimate.
Although we did have a group photo taken before we all scattered, I'm sorry I can't post it for you to see, as several of the other missionaries are going to sensitive areas of the world. Anyway, we were all praising the Lord for bringing us to this milestone in our deputation ministries, and eager to see what He will do as we prepare for a new stage in our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.