This morning's task was to get my shots for my trip to Chad. I had a 9:00 appointment at a travel health clinic in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, about half an hour away. I was ready to go in plenty of time ... but then my car wouldn't start! My dad tried to jump it using their car and jumper cables, but it still wouldn't start. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, and that time it eventually started again - but we didn't have time to wait, so Dad graciously dispensed with his own study plans for the morning and drove me to the clinic.
Once there, the process was simple enough, as it usually is, though I won't say it was painless! I came back with three little holes in my arm, which will protect me against polio, meningitis, and tetanus. I will pick up other medications to prevent malaria and fight "traveler's bugs" on Monday.
When we returned, I tried my car again and it still wouldn't start, so I called AAA. Their sturdier jumper cables and greater experience successfully got it started, but the AAA driver said the battery was effectively dead (or "flat" as they say in Australia) and should be replaced. So I drove my car to the mechanic again - the third time in the past month. While writing this post, I got a call from the mechanic that it is fixed. Praise the Lord that it was simple this time! But please pray that I will have no more car troubles for a while!
Also, praise the Lord that Bibles International received my passport with my Chad visa, and they sent it on to me, so I should have it in my hands any day now.
Sounds like a frustrating experience (the battery). And they always go out when the weather is nasty
ReplyDelete