I've been in Chad for about 2 weeks now, and it's about time I gave you an update on how things are going. Well, I arrived in N'Djamena with no major problems, and flew from there to Sarh in southern Chad in a MAF plane (a new experience for me).
In my first week, I learned some of the basics of life here in Chad, practiced my French, attended several meetings, and prepared for the upcoming workshop in the Sara Kaba Naa translation. Learning to take showers with a bucket of cold water and dipper, eating Chadian food, and learning some basic ettiquette (e.g. greeting, shaking hands) are just a few of the Chadian life experiences I've been having.
This week has been mostly taken up with the translation workshop in Sara Kaba Naa. We have been checking the translation of 2 Samuel. The translation is in good shape, and the book is not a difficult one, so things have been moving along quite well. Pray that the group can finish checking the entire book this week, before the senior consultant heads back to the USA. The senior consultant and I both came down with a rather nasty cold-like virus, which has made our work here more difficult. Praise the Lord that the senior consultant was over the worst of his sickness before the workshop started, but I was at my worst right in the middle of it. Thankfully, I was able to attend most of the workshop and lead the chapter assigned to me.
I have begun posting photos of my trip here. I will continue to add more photos as I'm able, so check back there later to see more photos.
Thank you for the update, Anna! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Sorry to hear you have been sick. Praying you're completely healthy again soon.
ReplyDeleteLiked the photos. Thanks for the update
ReplyDelete