January Prayer Letter

Dear Prayer Supporters,

I must be getting older – time certainly seems to be flying by quickly these days! It feels like we barely started 2010, and here we are in 2011 already! A year seemed like such a long time when I was growing up. But be that as it may, it has been a great year. The Lord gave me great meetings in the spring and fall, from Iowa to New York. He provided for me to spend the entire summer at Bob Jones University, where I received important training in linguistics and Bible translation. And since this time last year, He has increased my monthly support by 23% and provided to date about half of my outfit-and-passage needs. I’m looking forward to seeing what He will do in 2011!

HOLIDAYS WITH FAMILY


My last deputation meeting of 2010 was to Long Island, New York. It was a blessing and an adventure, as I had the opportunity to go into New York City for the first time and see some of the city’s famous landmarks. It was a great conclusion to a great year of serving the Lord through the ministry of deputation.

For the first time in several years, I was able to spend the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas with my parents, as well as with other members of my extended family. We had a truly wonderful time of celebrating the Lord’s birth together. My parents then joined me in returning to Indiana to welcome in the new year. I enjoyed showing them my home here at the Shepherd’s Bethel. They have now left the area, and will soon be making their way back to Australia. Praise the Lord for giving us such special times together over the past few weeks.

SURVEY TRIP TO CHAD


In just two days from the writing of this letter, I will board a plane to make my way down to southern Chad. I will participate in a Bible translation workshop for the Sara Kaba Naa, a language group of over 60,000 speakers (according to one source). A senior consultant will be leading the workshop as we check the book of 2 Samuel. However, my primary purpose in making this trip is to gain a first-hand understanding of the country and ministries in Chad, and to aid in my plans to move there permanently. Please pray for me as I make final preparations to leave – spiritually, physically, and professionally. I am scheduled to arrive back in the USA on February 6. I look forward to telling you in my next prayer letter what God did through this trip!

DEPUTATION SCHEDULE


Due to a cancellation in late February, I have no more meetings scheduled until March. Please pray for at least one more meeting in the latter half of February to replace the one that was canceled. Pray also for my support and outfit-and-passage needs as churches and individuals consider their missions budgets over the next few months.

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

Praise Items:

1. Blessed times with my parents over the holidays;
2. God’s blessing and protection in deputation travels over 2010.

Prayer Requests:
1. Good weather and smooth plane connections;
2. Travel safety and good health;
3. That I will have a teachable spirit as I learn new things in a new country;
4. Good progress on the Sara Kaba Naa Bible;
5. Provision of support needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.