Home for Vacation

These last few weeks of deputation in Ohio have been great. The churches where I presented were all under a 2-hour drive from where I was staying, so although I had meetings every Sunday and some Wednesdays, I didn't find my time in Ohio to be stressful. It's also been a profitable time for my support: since last Friday, I've learned of one new supporting church and increases from two current supporters, bringing my support level to 79%. I only need 7 or 8 more supporters to bring me to full support! Thanks for praising the Lord with me for His provision!

Although the last few months of deputation have been great, I was really grateful to pull back into my own driveway in Indiana yesterday and see my own little apartment again. It's been over 3 months since I was last here! Apparently some wasps decided that my apartment was vacant - there were two wasp nests between my screen door and front door, with a big wasp happily buzzing in and out. But, thanks to a neighbor's Raid can, soon there was one less wasp in Indiana! :-)

I now have three weeks at home with no scheduled deputation meetings, so I'll be spending the next couple weeks taking time off for a rather overdue two-week vacation. No, I'm not planning to go anywhere! When you've been on the road for a few months, it really does feel like a vacation just to be at home again! I may take some day trips to do a little sight-seeing, but I plan to sleep every night in my own bed! I start up meetings again on the first Sunday in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.