June Prayer Letter

Dear Prayer Supporters,

If you have been receiving my letter by email for a while, you’ll notice a big change in the format of this letter (those of you getting paper copies will not see any change). With nearly 700 addresses on my email distribution list, it can be quite a challenge to keep the list up to date. Hopefully this new method will help me to keep the list current, and help you to keep receiving the letters. However, I’m not sure how it will come through on your various email servers, so please let me know if you have any trouble viewing it. Thanks for bearing with me as I try something new!

REFRESHED IN OHIO AND AT HOME

I spent most of the month of May and early June in northern Ohio. The Lord gave me a full schedule of meetings so that I was in a different church almost every Sunday and Wednesday. Yet, in spite of that, it was not a stressful time at all. I had a comfortable guest apartment to stay in, and the churches were all within a reasonable driving distance. As always, each church was a special blessing. In the latter part of June, I had several weeks without meetings, so I was able to go home and enjoy my own bed and apartment for a while. I was even able to take a two-week vacation (which, in my case, mostly meant relaxing in my own home for a change!) and came away from it feeling refreshed and ready to get back to the important task of preparing to leave for my first term on the field.

WHAT’S AHEAD

This Saturday (July 2), I’ll be heading out again on what I’m praying will be the final leg of my deputation ministry. My next few months will be mainly in Pennsylvania and New York State. Please keep praying for the Lord’s strength and blessing at each church and with each individual that He brings across my path.

Although it doesn’t seem likely that I’ll be able to leave for language school by my earlier goal of September, the conclusion of deputation is not far away. Praise the Lord that I’m now at 79% and hope to be into the 80’s soon. I only need 7 or 8 more supporters to reach full support! My outfit and passage fund now stands at 64%. Please pray that the Lord will provide for me to leave before the end of the year, if that is His timing. My target departure date now is mid-December, if not sooner. Lord willing, I will officially begin my language studies in January.

One of the blessings of deputation is to watch the Lord provide my needs in various ways. In recent months, the Lord has been providing through a special opportunity: a missionary family who served in Chad for some years is preparing to move to another area of ministry, but won’t be able to take many of their belongings from Chad to their new home. They graciously gave me the first choice of purchasing many of their belongings, which includes all sorts of useful items, from furniture to a stove to dishes and silverware. All of this is already stored for me in a container in Balimba, Chad, where BI’s Translation Center is located – no shipping required! What a neat provision of the Lord! All that’s needed now is the presence of their new owner, and four walls in which to put them! Thank you for your continued prayers!

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.