Consultant Seminar
Training Translators in Chad
Shortly after the seminar, I got on another plane to fly to Chad for my second visit to the country. This time I went to participate in a translator training workshop – a special course to train mother-tongue speakers how make the best use of their skills so they can effectively translate the Bible into their own languages. 23 translators from 7 different language groups attended; some were experienced translators taking the course as a refresher, while others were new translators going through the training for the first time. I led one training session, but mostly was there to observe while the experienced consultants taught, so that someday I will be able to lead a training workshop on my own. Praise the Lord for giving us a great workshop, and please pray for the translators as they return to their villages and apply what they have learned. As before, the hardest part about the trip was having to leave after such a short time. Lord willing, next time I land in Chad, I will be there to stay!
Commissioning Service
Just hours after I arrived back on US soil, I was on the road again, heading northeast. After meetings in Connecticut and Massachusetts, I spent a very special weekend at my sending church, Faith Baptist Church in Kittery, Maine. That Sunday, September 25th, Faith Baptist Church officially commissioned me as a missionary with Bibles International. We rejoiced together at the passing of this important milestone, thanking the Lord for what He has done and looking forward to what He will do in the future.
Support Update: Almost Complete!
Praise the Lord that my monthly support is now around 92%, less than $300 per month away from reaching full support! I'm looking forward to beginnging French language school soon. Because classes can fill up quickly, I am already enrolled for French language courses in Bordeaux, France. Classes start in mid-January. Please pray that as churches evaluate their budgets over the next two months, the Lord will lead two more churches to commit to financial support so that I can be ready to leave by January.Thank you for your faithful prayers on my behalf!
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.