Outfit and Passage


A typical vehicle of a missionary in Chad
For several years now, many of you have been praying about my outfit and passage need. This is a one-time amount that covers the major expenses involved in moving and getting settled on the field for the first term of service: airplane tickets, shipping of belongings, language school, setting up housing, and purchasing a vehicle. Praise the Lord that He has provided enough funds to cover the tickets, shipping, language school, and housing.  I am trusting Him to provide the remaining funds to cover the largest expense: the purchase of a vehicle. It's one of the realities of life in Africa that the roads there are not kind to vehicles, making a sturdy four wheel drive a necessity. The used vehicle market and availability of parts are also not what you typically see in developed countries.  After much research and prayer, I realized that the amount originally budgeted for a vehicle would likely not be enough, especially after taxes and other expenses are added onto the cost of the vehicle itself, so the decision has been made to adjust my outfit and passage budget to cover this expense.  At the new figure, I am still in need of about $23,000 to cover the estimated cost of a vehicle.  But thankfully, there is still some time for the needed funds to collect, since I still have language school ahead as well as settling-in time on the field before I will need to have my own set of wheels.  Thank you for continuing to pray for the Lord's provision for this need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.