February Prayer Letter


Dear Prayer Supporters,

Greetings from Bordeaux in southwestern France! Has it really been six weeks already since I moved here? Time has flown by so quickly! My days have been quite busy, as I have been settling in, starting classes, and learning how everything works over here. It isn't always easy, but the Lord has given grace. 

Settling In

The Lord provided an apartment quite quickly after I arrived. It is in an excellent location, within easy walking distance from the church, the university, and the tram stop. It is comfortable and quite adequate for my needs, and I do enjoy sleeping in the same bed every night! Please contact me for my new mailing address.

I hope to soon have a working phone, but several delays and technical difficulties have slowed down that process, so my phone is not yet operational as I write this letter. Please pray that the difficulties with the phone service will soon be solved.

Language School

While I was getting settled in, I was also starting into language classes. I took the placement test for my French language studies a couple weeks after my arrival. I was placed into level 1D, which is actually the third level of six (the first level beyond the two introductory levels). This has turned out to be just the right level for me - another reason to praise the Lord! My French is stretched to the limit every day, but by this means my French is also gradually but steadily improving. But I still have a long way to go before I am fluent in the language! Please keep praying for me as I study.

The above photo of me was taken on my very first day at the university, right after taking the placement test.

International Classmates

One of the interesting aspects of studying French as a foreign language here in France is the opportunity to rub shoulders with students of many different nationalities. I have classmates from eastern Europe, South America, Asia, and Australia, many of whom have never heard the gospel before. Please pray that I will be a good testimony to my fellow students. Pray in particular for Rebecca, Jessica, April, and Miyu. Pray for the church plant here in Bordeaux to grow spiritually, and pray for the salvation of the unbelievers who are attending.

Thank you for partnering with me in prayer!

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.