April Prayer Letter

The months of French language study are moving by very quickly, in fact the first semester is already nearly over!  I am writing now at the beginning of a two-week break from classes, but final exams will take place in mid-May, so there are really only a few weeks of classes left.  I still have 8 more months of study here, and I pray that the Lord will make these short months profitable and glorifying to Him.


Language School

I praise the Lord for how much I have learned in the two months since classes began.  I remember my first week of formal study, when I struggled so much to understand what the teachers were saying.  I now can follow along much better, however communication is still a challenge, and there are still many occasions where I get stumped on a word and can't say what I would like to say, or miss what someone is saying when they speak quickly. Please keep praying that I will learn to communicate well in this language.

Opportunities

Praise the Lord for providing opportunities over the past few months to share about Christ with several of my classmates. Some of my classmates are from countries where the gospel is not openly or commonly proclaimed. In one of my classes, the word "Bible" came up as we were practicing our conversational skills in French. The teacher asked if the students knew what the word meant, and a good number of them looked puzzled - they had never heard the word before. Others of my classmates have been exposed either to the gospel or to some form of "Christianity".  Please pray that I will be a good testimony to those around me. Pray for more opportunities to share Christ with others, and that the Lord will give me wisdom in the words that I speak. Pray also for those who attend the church here in Bordeaux but do not yet have a personal relationship with the Lord. Pray especially for "N", a university student from east Africa who has been investigating the church's teachings as part of a class project. "N" has attended the church services and activities on many occasions, and has heard the gospel many times. Pray that the Lord will open up her eyes to the truth.

Outfit and Passage

Several of you have inquired about my outfit and passage fund. Praise the Lord that He has provided nearly all the funds needed for moving and getting settled into Africa.  The only item that is not yet fully covered is a vehicle.  Once I am fully settled into life in Africa, I will need to have my own means of transportation, and due to the rough nature of the roads in Chad, it will need to be a sturdy and reliable vehicle.  I am now down to approximately $10,000 still needed to cover the purchase of a vehicle for Africa.  Thank you for continuing to pray for this need.

Thank you for continuing to partner with me through your prayers!

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.