An Errand ... and an End

Getting ready for a trip to Africa usually requires making some special preparations, besides the typical airplane tickets and carefully packed luggage.  One of those special preparations is to purchase antimalarial medication.

I'm sure that most of you know that malaria is a tropical disease spread by mosquitoes which is all too common in many tropical parts of the world.  There is currently no vaccine for it, but it is treatable; also there are things you can do to help prevent it, including sleeping under a mosquito net, using insect repellent ... and taking antimalarials.  The latter cannot be obtained without a prescription, so yesterday I headed downtown to a travel clinic (a clinic that specializes in giving vaccinations and medical advice to overseas travelers) to get the needed prescription.

Thankfully, it was easy to obtain what I needed.  The doctor agreed with me that I should stay with the same type of antimalarials that I've used on previous trips, so I'm glad to know I can keep using what has worked for me in the past.  Before long, I was on my way to the pharmacy, prescription in hand, to pick up the meds.  A few hours later, I had all that I will need for a 12-month's supply of the medication. Praise the Lord for providing another important thing that I need for my upcoming move to Chad!

On another note, yesterday was also my last day of French classes.  It's hard to believe that the hours of lectures and assignments have come to an end!  All that remains now are the final exams.  I will have seven of them, one or two each day from Monday to Friday.  I am starting to feel like I will be ready for them, but we'll find out if I really will be!  Thanks for praying!

2 comments:

  1. It's been fun to follow your journey of faith blog post by blog post.

    God speed! Hope you can visit 4th Baptist (Plymouth MN) on your next trip home. (And perhaps speak to our young adult class).

    John does a super job teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, we are so thrilled for you! I am sure you will do well on your exams. You will be in my prayers. I enjoy your blog. Please keep the praises and prayer requests coming. May the Lord give you a very special Christmas a you walk in His Love. Barbara Anderson

    ReplyDelete

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.