October Prayer Letter

Dear Prayer Supporters,

“Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8)

A few weeks ago, as I helped a team to check their translation of the book of Jeremiah, we came across these verses in chapter 17, and I was reminded again of God’s care and provision for us, through all the trials and blessings of life.

Provision of a Vehicle, Shortage of Fuel

For a couple weeks now, there has been a different kind of drought: a fuel shortage. This shortage has made prices skyrocket, with gas in some places selling for around $44 a gallon, and in some places as high as $66 a gallon! As you might imagine, this is making life difficult for everyone. Please pray that the situation will soon be resolved.

Particularly during this fuel shortage, I’m also thankful for the Lord’s provision and answer to our prayers: I now own a vehicle! It is a used four-wheel-drive but seems to be in good condition. I’m enjoying the extra mobility that it provides. I’m also thankful that my vehicle runs on diesel and not on gas! There is a shortage of diesel too, and prices for diesel are nearly double what they were just a few weeks ago – currently selling at about $8 a gallon – but at least that is still better than the price of gas.

Update on Bible Translation Workshops

Thank you for praying for the health of the Sara Kaba Naa translator, Gali Simon. His overall health has improved, but his leg has still not fully mended. However, we were able to meet in September and check the whole book of 2 Chronicles and the first ten chapters of Proverbs. Thanks for your continued prayers for Gali!

In October, I met with the Sara Madjingay to continue checking the book of Jeremiah. It is a long and complicated book, but the Lord helped us to finish most of the book.

In November, I plan to meet with the Sara Kaba Deme to check the books of 1 and 2 Chronicles. In early December, I will meet again with the Sara Madjingay to check the remaining chapters of Jeremiah, and to check some of the other prophetic books as well.

In the latter part of December, I hope to enjoy a bit of a break from what has been a very busy time of workshops! The Lord has been been so gracious, through the busy times and the restful times, the easy days and the hard days. Thank you for joining with me in praying and praising our Lord, who is indeed worthy of our trust and our love!

In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.