April Prayer Letter

 Dear Prayer Supporters,

I’m halfway there! I am now about halfway through my furlough, and though it has been a blessing, I’m counting the months until I can go back to Chad. In the meantime, I’m very thankful that it’s now spring and the weather is much warmer!

Furlough

In February and March, I continued working my way northeast from upstate New York to Maine. Winter is not an ideal time to be in the northeast, but nearly every time I needed to travel, the weather was good enough to drive safely. I visited churches in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Maine, and even managed to squeeze in a visit to my brother’s home in northern New York State, and met my baby niece (she is absolutely adorable, and of course I’m not at all biased!). 



Just as the snow began to melt, I began to work my way back westward. By the time I got out to Ohio, the snow was gone and it began to look like spring. I will spend most of the spring visiting churches in Ohio and Indiana.


Support Update

Thank you for praying for my monthly support. Praise the Lord that due to some generous new supporters, my monthly support level is again at 100%!

Please keep praying for the ongoing needs for books for the book ministry in Chad, funds to reprint hymnbooks, and funds to build a permanent bookstore building (about $16,000 still needed).

Chad Election

In Chad, a presidential election was held on April 11 (less than a week ago, as I write this). Civil unrest is most likely to happen around an election, and even though final results of the election are not yet in, there is already unrest in the north of the country. This is very far from my home in Sarh in the far south, but it is still a concern. Please pray the situation does not get worse.

Thank you for your faithful prayers and support.


In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.