This weekend has been really great, though pretty exhausting. On Friday, I finished up the last of my meetings in New England. I had a great time with the folks at First Baptist in Enfield, Connecticut, on the first day of their conference. One of the other missionary families at the conference are church planters in Ghana, west Africa. They were encouraging and supportive of conservative Bible translation, as they told me about how much they wish that they had a more faithful translation of the Bible into the language that they are working with. Anyway, I really enjoyed getting to know the missionaries and church members. I only wish I could have been there for the rest of the conference. I haven't heard how it went, but if it finished as well as it started out, I'm sure it was really great!
Praise the Lord for pleasant weather and safety as I traveled over 500 miles to Niles, Ohio on Saturday. In spite of a few minor technical difficulties, I had another great meeting on Sunday before hitting the road again this morning. I'm writing this from a service plaza on the Ohio Turnpike. Lord willing, I'll get to my next destination in the southwest suburbs of Chicago late this afternoon or early this evening.
Although I do enjoy sharing about my ministry with various churches and individuals, I have felt the strain of deputation really wearing on me lately. Some days it is just hard to pick up the phone one more time, drive yet another mile, and enter yet another unfamiliar place. Yet I have also experienced the Lord's strength especially during these last few meetings. People have also been so generous and hospitable, and have really bent over backwards to make me feel welcome at their home/church. Thank you everyone!!
I have one more deputation meeting this year, but it is not until the first weekend in December, so I'm looking forward to getting some needed rest during these next couple weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.