This afternoon after I finished making my phone calls, I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things I needed. While there, I decided it was about time I got a haircut, since I hadn't had one since around June or so. The hairdresser was a nice young blond lady, only slightly younger than me. She was friendly and ready to make some small talk, which began by typical questions such as "Where are you from?" and "Where do you live?" For me, any question beginning with "where" usually sparks a lengthy conversation! I do try to answer them briefly ... honestly I do! ... but somehow the answers "Melbourne, Australia" and "southern Indiana...part of the time" always end up to be conversation-starters!
Anyway, the small-talk quickly led to spiritual matters, since (as usual) I had to explain my whole background and goal of going to Africa as a missionary. I was able to share the whole plan of salvation with her, and although she claimed to be a Christian (as many Americans do), she didn't seem to have a clear understanding of the way to heaven. So after I had explained the gospel to her, I left her with a "God's Bridge" tract. Please pray that she will read it and seriously consider the things I shared with her, and that the Lord will work in her heart to bring her to Himself. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me the opportunity to share the gospel with her, especially since it is not always easy to find good witnessing opportunities when I am rarely in one place long enough to build relationships with people - believers or unbelievers.
Tomorrow I do not have a deputation meeting, but I'm planning to use the free Wednesday to make a quick trip to my sending church, Faith Baptist Church in Kittery, Maine. It will be all too short, but I look forward to catching up with the folk there, sharing with them how God has worked over the past year, and also meeting my new pastor, who came to the church just a few months ago. I believe it is about a 3-hour trip, so I'll be staying overnight with one of the church members. Please pray for travel safety.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.