November Prayer Letter

Dear Prayer Supporters,

As I write this letter, I’m sitting in a Panera Bread restaurant, using their wireless internet. On the walls around me and over my head are paintings, and on the other side of the room is a large window, through which I can catch a glimpse of rows of trees, with what remains of the colorful fall leaves. You know, there is a big difference between a painting and a window: a painting is made mainly to reflect its own beauty, while a window is made to clearly show the beauty of the scene that lies beyond it. May the Lord make me like a window, clearly revealing His glory! This month, I’ve seen God’s glory in blessing my meetings in various places, and in providing continued safety and additional support.

GOD’S BLESSING

Since my last letter, I’ve been busy with two missions conferences and two regular meetings. These were my first conferences in Ohio – in fact, they were my first in the entire Midwest – so in some ways they were a new experience for me. But the Lord blessed each conference, and gave me and the other missionaries strength as we ministered. I believe that the conferences were a blessing to everyone who attended. The two regular meetings also went very well.

GOD’S PROTECTION

In the past three weeks, my car’s wheels have passed through the states of Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York State and Connecticut. I’ve driven through the cities of Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New York City, Hartford, and others. It can be scary driving through such places by oneself, but my trips have all been uneventful. Praise the Lord for His protection!

GOD’S PROVISION

By God’s grace, my support has gone up yet again. Through a new supporting church and an increase from another, my support level is now at 41%. Praise the Lord! This is so encouraging, but I still need around $600 more committed monthly support in order to attend Launch Seminar in January. I continue to await God’s provision and timing. Thanks for your continued prayers.

As you know if you have been following my prayer letters for the past few months, I’m planning to take several necessary classes in linguistics during the summer of 2010. The total tuition cost will be about $4600. I’d already saved up about $900, but praise the Lord that two anonymous gifts plus some birthday money have nearly doubled that amount!

I’ve been amazed again by people’s generosity this month. At one of the conferences, the church gave each of us 4 large gift baskets full of many practical items. At the second conference, the church had a gift shower for all the missionaries. Although they had told us about it ahead of time, I was amazed when I saw the amount of gifts they had brought. Thanks to all these generous people, I’m now well-stocked with many useful supplies, and shouldn’t need to buy any for quite some time!

Thank you all for your faithful prayers and support. You are all such a blessing, and such a needed part of the ministry.

In Christ's Service,

Anna Beth Wivell


Praise Items:

  1. Good conferences and meetings;
  2. Safety on the roads;
  3. My support level is now at 41%.

Prayer Requests:

  1. That the Lord will be glorified through me;
  2. God’s blessing on upcoming meetings;
  3. More additions to my financial support team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.