Sharing Christ with the Local Mechanic

Although most of my deputation ministry is in churches, ministering to believers, I do occasionally have the chance to witness to unsaved people too. Usually this is when I am doing business with someone and have to explain why I travel so much or what I do for a living. I've found that explaining my future work as a translation consultant is often a great way to lead into a conversation about the gospel.

Well, that is just what happened yesterday, when I took my car in to be serviced by a local mechanic. I was waiting in the office for my car and reading a book, and one of the workers was there answering the phone and working on the computer. But he didn't seem extremely busy, so we were able to make small talk while I waited. Somehow we got on the subject of missions and Bible translation, and I felt that the Lord was prompting me to ask him about salvation. So I did, and I was able to share the plan of salvation with him. He didn't get saved, and he didn't seem extremely open, but he did listen, so perhaps a seed was planted.

I will be traveling so much over the next 12 months that I don't know when I'll be servicing my car there again. Even if I do, I don't know if I'll get a chance to witness to him again. But perhaps the Lord will bring some other believer into his life to share the gospel with him again. So please pray for the salvation of Phil at "Dr Auto" in West Baden Springs, Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.