Fall in rural New York

I'm sitting here in a comfortable guest house in Cincinnatus, New York - a small, rural town about an hour south of Syracuse. I drove up here from Elyria, Ohio, earlier this week. I would have enjoyed the fall colors, except that I couldn't really see them - it was rainy, foggy, and misty the whole trip, so I couldn't see much except for the water on my windshield and the road in front of me! But at least the area around the town here has some nice fall colors, so I'm not altogether missing out.

This guest house is not only comfortable, I am also very well taken care of, as the church volunteered to provide all my evening meals. The house is well stocked with food, so I don't need to worry about other meals either! The only drawback of staying here is that, for once, Verizon's good coverage has failed me - there is no cell phone reception at all here. But I do have internet most of the time, and anyway, I don't really mind having a good excuse for not making phone calls! So I'm enjoying my days here with other tasks: getting ready for upcoming meetings, studying French, working on translation tools, and reading.

This Sunday I will be at a church not too far from here - Dryden, New York. It will be a very busy day, as I'll be speaking in Sunday School, showing a 12-minute DVD in the morning service, speaking in Junior Church, and giving my presentation in the evening service. On top of all this, I've come down with a cold - probably related to the rather sudden change in weather. It seemed that in just a few days, it changed from balmy Indian summer to autumn chill and rain. Please pray that the worst of my cold will be over by Sunday, and that the Lord will give me strength, energy, and ability to focus on my ministry there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.