After hovering between 63% and 68% for months, I'm thrilled to report that I am finally out of the 60's and have reached 70%! A church voted last night to take me on for support - my second supporting church in New York state. I had actually prayed that the next supporter that took me on would be enough to bring me up to 70%, so it was neat to see God answer that prayer so specifically!
My time in Iowa has been a blessing already. The students of Faith Baptist Bible College are now back on campus after their spring break, so it is fun to see campus life running its normal course here. It's amazing how many people that I know are still here, and whenever I meet an old friend, we enjoy catching up on each other's lives.
Last Wednesday, I really enjoyed visiting the church I attended all through college and seminary, where there are still so many familiar faces. Another blessing was that almost as soon as I walked into the door, I had a ministry opportunity! With all the Faith students away on spring break, the AWANA workers had their hands full trying to manage 26 girls with a smaller work crew. So I got to help kids recite their memory verses - and couldn't help but think: what a privilege they have to be able to do that in their own language! I also had the chance to give a quick update in the prayer service. So a "normal" Wednesday night turned into a busy one, but a blessed one. It's not every church where I can walk in unannounced and get ministry opportunities so quickly!
Deputation meetings are going well, and I have a busy schedule for the next several months. But I still have very few meetings scheduled for the late summer and fall. Please pray that if the Lord still has me on deputation then, that my calendar will fill up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.