Indiana to Iowa

I've now been back on the road for about a week. My first stop was in Pierceton, Indiana, where I visited my newest supporting church, who hadn't seen me for nearly 18 months. I was glad to find that even with all the churches I've been to since then, I easily remembered the church and several of the members. I enjoyed sharing my testimony with them again, and also sharing a little about my recent trip to Chad.

From there, I drove past Chicago to Shannon in northwestern Illinois. I stayed with a dear lady who lost her husband to lung disease less than two weeks before my arrival, and is herself mostly confined to a wheelchair. Yet she is so content and full of joy in the Lord - what a blessing! Sunday was a busy day, as I ministered in all three services, but the Lord blessed and the day went well. The people (even the children) were interested to hear about Africa and Bible translation and asked good, thoughtful questions.

Today I traveled even further west, back to my old stomping grounds in Ankeny, Iowa. I'm staying in one of Faith Baptist Bible College's guest apartments, on the same street where I once lived for over a year. It is spring break, so the campus is quiet and mostly deserted, but it still feels almost like coming home, since I spent over 5 years of my life here. I have meetings in Iowa and southern Minnesota every Sunday through the end of April. Thanks for praying for the Lord's blessing and guidance in each church that I visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.