Dear Prayer Supporters,
Nearly 12 weeks ago, I landed back on US soil after a month-long survey trip in southern Chad, rather dazed and very jetlagged, but with my mind full of recent adventures and my heart full of a longing to return to the place to which God has called me. The jetlag soon wore off, but my longing to return to Chad has not! For now, I must continue to wait on the Lord’s timing, but I’m so thankful that this month has brought me closer than ever to that longed-for day of departure!
WHERE I’VE BEEN LATELY
In the past two months, most of my deputation travels have been in Iowa and southern Minnesota. I had meetings nearly every Sunday, and at each one I was blessed by the warm welcomes, good fellowship, and the humbling generosity of God’s people. Between meetings, I enjoyed being on the campus of Faith Baptist Bible College and Seminary, where I lived for over 5 years while receiving my education. It was refreshing to be back in familiar territory, surrounded by familar faces (as well as many new ones). I had opportunities to participate in various campus events, including missions conference, weekly missionary prayer meetings, youth conference, and a Passover Seder meal. After celebrating Easter Sunday with my friends at a supporting church in the area, I headed east again, and am now staying in a missionary guest house in Chicago. I’ll be presenting my ministry this Sunday at a church in northern Indiana.
WHERE I’M AT NOW
When I wrote my last letter, my support was at nearly two-thirds (65%). Praise the Lord that I now have nearly three-quarters – 73%! I also have about 59% of my outfit and passage need. But while I’m excited to be so close to finishing deputation, it’s also hard as I wait for the remainder to come in. Please pray that the Lord will help me be patient as I wait on Him! Soon I will need to make some definite decisions about when I can apply to a language school in France: this fall semester, if I can finish deputation before then, or at some later time if that is the Lord’s will. I am eager to begin the formal study of French! Just 10-11 more supporting churches or individuals (or some combination of new supporters and increases from current ones) would bring me to full support so I could depart for language school. Thank you for your continued prayers!
WHERE I’M GOING NEXT
Between now and the end of June, I will be presenting my ministry at 8 different churches, mostly in the state of Ohio. Since my meetings in June are all at the beginning of the month, I’m looking forward to some time to rest and recuperate before another busy series of meetings in July.
Although I am praying that I will finish deputation soon, I am also aware that I don’t know what the Lord’s timing is for my departure. Therefore, I have continued to schedule meetings up through the end of the calendar year, in case the Lord still has me on deputation then. I only have about 5 more Sunday slots to fill in order to complete my itinerary.
Thank you all for your faithful support through your prayers, financial support, and encouragement!
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.