Faith's Missions Conference

The Lord saw fit to arrange my schedule so I could attend Faith Baptist Bible College's missions conference this week, and I'm so thankful He did! It's been a great week!

One of the unique things about this conference was that all three of the main speakers were from other countries, and all are products of missionaries' ministries. One was from Brazil, one from Peru, and one from Germany. It was interesting to hear their perspective on missions - they could tell us firsthand how the Lord had used missionaries in their lives to bring them to faith in Christ. The speakers challenged us to step forward in faith and courage to follow God's leading, whatever the cost. This was a good reminder to me, as I anticipate going through some of the biggest transitions of my life over the next year or two. The Lord will be with me every step of the way, as long as I am in His will! The Lord worked in hearts of students as well, and a number expressed that through this conference they have felt that the Lord may be calling them to the mission field, or that they have been challenged in their personal walk with God.

Even though I was enjoying the conference so much, I had to miss out on a session or two yesterday as I drove up to Ames (about half an hour or so north of Ankeny, Iowa) to keep a doctor's appointment: two more needles! It sure seems like I've had a lot of those lately, though I guess it's only been 4 or 5 since December. Well, I'm glad for them after all, since each one is another little step closer to leaving for Chad! This time it was the second of the Hepatitis B series, and a ten-year booster for yellow fever. The latter is especially important, as many African countries (including Chad) won't let anyone in unless they have a card proving that they have been immunized against yellow fever.

Anyway, this particular trip brought back a few memories, as I actually went to the same travel clinic that I went to back in 2002, before my very first trip to Africa (Zambia). What a lot has happened since then! I've learned and experienced so many things: college, seminary, joining BMM/BI, starting deputation, five missions trips, five translation workshops, one linguistics workshop, and one literacy workshop. Along with all these experiences, hopefully I've also grown in the Lord along the way! But I guess the most exciting part is realizing how many experiences and learning opportunities there are ahead of me! Finishing deputation, starting language school, and moving to Chad will all involve some of the biggest life changes I've ever been through. Please pray that in each one, I will learn all God wants me to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.