I got back to Indiana several days ago, after finishing up all the meetings and other business at the office in Grand Rapids. It was an intense two days, but we got much accomplished. During the "Chad Summit", as it was termed, I learned a great deal about what is going on in the field of Chad. Please pray for our translation projects there: Rito (NT), Dagba (NT), Day (OT), Ngamh (OT), Sara Madjingaye (OT), Sara Kaba Naa (OT), Sara Kaba Dem (OT), and Tumag (OT). There is much spiritual warfare going on in that country, and we desperately need the Lord's help and your prayers!
Before I left, I was able to join all my friends at the BI office for their annual Christmas party. We even had professional actors come from a local theatre to present a play for us, called "A Christmas of Many Parts". In the photo at the left, the man in the blue (playing the part of the director of a Christmas pageant) explains to his cast members that 8 other members of the cast won't be coming, and the 5 of them will just have to make up for it by doubling up on different parts. It was pretty funny to watch! Anyhow, the evening was a lot of fun.I'm also excited to report that things are coming together for me to go to Asia with a team of consultants, to assist and gain experience with some of our projects there. Since the workshops will be in English, I'll be able to participate much more than I could in a workshop in Africa, where the workshops would be in French (I haven't been to French language school yet and am not yet fluent in that language). I will probably be leaving around Feb 9 and returning around March 8 or 9. Today I finished filling out the necessary forms for a visa application; please pray that this process will go smoothly.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.