Dear Prayer Supporters,
I’ve almost reached the end of my fall series of meetings. Since I left Indiana on October 10, my car and I have traveled through at least portions of 11 different states. So you can understand why by the time I got to Chicago, I was completely exhausted! But I was able to take a few days off to recuperate, and am now feeling much better, which is a good thing, since the year is not quite over yet!
NEW ENGLAND, ETC.
The majority of my meetings this month were in Connecticut and Massachusetts. I even managed a quick trip to Maine to catch up with everyone at my sending church. I then stopped for a meeting in eastern Ohio before heading still further west to Chicago, where I am staying now at a church’s missionary guest house. Praise the Lord for good meetings and for working in people’s hearts. At one church in particular, I was thrilled to see the church folk getting excited about Bible translation ministry. In fact, I felt that by the end of the evening, they were almost as excited and burdened for the ministry as I am!
WRAPPING UP THE YEAR
I have two more ministry-related events for the year. The first is a missions conference this weekend in Pontiac, Illinois. Please pray for the Lord to work in hearts once again. Then on December 15, I’ll be heading up to the B.I. Headquarters in Grand Rapids, Michigan, to meet with various coworkers, which will involve important planning for the field of Chad. Actually, it’s kind of neat how the Lord worked out my schedule for this event. I hadn’t planned on going up to Grand Rapids again until at least the middle of 2010. But I had made plans to stay in Chicago to participate in this upcoming missions conference, and this is about the closest to Grand Rapids that my deputation travels usually take me. The Lord knew my schedule before I did, and worked it out so that I would already be fairly close by!
EXCITING DAYS FOR B.I.
These are thrilling days to be a part of the ministry of B.I., as we have so many projects that are nearly finished. Today I learned that the copies of the New Testament for a language in Asia have finally arrived in the country. Another New Testament for Asia is being printed right now. And the Waali people of Ghana, West Africa, are waiting to receive the shipment of their complete Bibles. Praise the Lord that thousands more people will finally have the Word of God available to them in their own language!
KEEP PRAYING!
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.