This past weekend was the last deputation meeting of 2009 for me. I had a great time at a mini-missions conference at Calvary Baptist Church in Pontiac, Illinois. The DVD that I usually show, The Tumag Story, wouldn't work, but otherwise my ministry presentations went smoothly. The other missionaries who were there were a couple who are planting a church in southeast Iowa, and a traveling evangelist and his wife. I always enjoy getting to know other missionaries and hearing their burden for their field and for the lost, and this time was no different. I was challenged again about the need to share the gospel whenever the Lord brings an opportunity to do so.
I leave Chicago next Tuesday (December 15) to head up to the BI Headquarters in Grand Rapids to participate in a two-day strategic planning meeting for the mission field of Chad, where I will begin my full-time ministry. Please pray for the discussions and decisions that will be made during this meeting. Also, pray for good weather as I travel during this chilly time of year! I still get nervous every winter about driving on snowy, icy roads (by the way, today I saw my first snow of the season. I'm sure there will be plenty more before the spring comes!).
Looking ahead to 2010, praise the Lord that my schedule is quite full with meetings. I still have some fairly large gaps in April and early May that I would like to fill, so keep praying for more opportunities!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.