At the Last Minute

I hate doing anything at the last minute, but sometimes that's how the Lord's timetable works! At the church where I presented my ministry on Wednesday night, I found myself scrambling up to the last minute trying to work out the technical difficulties (why is it that my computer only freezes up when I need it to work smoothly for a presentation?!). Technical difficulties at the last minute are all too familiar to missionary appointees! But the Lord worked them out in time for me to be able to run my presentation without too much of a problem, and the meeting went well anyway.

I was supposed to present my ministry at another church on Sunday, but there has been a last-minute change. I just got a call a few minutes ago that a key man in the church has tragically passed away, so the meeting will have to be canceled due to the funeral arrangements. Pray we will be able to reschedule it, but also pray for the church as I am sure that this is a difficult time for them.

Although I was looking forward to ministering at this church, I'm thankful in a way that the Lord has worked it out this way - even though He did it at the last minute! Now I will be able to have a less stressful weekend, and I can focus on the next event on my calendar: the BI Annual Retreat, starting at noon on Monday and ending on Wednesday. It will be good to see everyone from BI again, since due to my deputation travels I rarely get to see them face-to-face during the rest of the year. But we will be not only fellowshipping together but also discussing many key matters related to our ministry as the Bible society of Baptist Mid-Missions. Thanks for continuing to pray for this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.