This has been a very encouraging month, as I’ve again experienced God’s provision and God’s encouragement when I needed it. I’m looking forward to what God has in store for me in the days, months and weeks ahead.
The big highlight of this month was the BMM Annual Conference. What a blessing it was to fellowship with other missionaries, benefit from some great, thought-provoking preaching, and attend workshop sessions where we could discuss various important matters related to our ministries around the world. It was a great conference, but the part I enjoyed the most was interacting with the other missionaries. I especially praise the Lord for the veteran missionaries, who were often so encouraging to me, sharing their experiences of how God provided and led them over the years – a great reminder that God will do the same for me. I also praise the Lord for the other missionary appointees who are on deputation, who often face the same kinds of joys and challenges that I do. I came away from the conference very much encouraged.
FINANCIAL MATTERS
Praise the Lord that another church has joined my support team. I’m now at about 31%! Please keep praying that God will provide 60% of my support by January, if that would be His timing.Only a few days before writing this letter, I paid off the last of my loans from my seminary studies at Faith. Praise the Lord, I am now debt-free! But that doesn’t mean that I now have lots of extra money to spend. It just means that I can now focus on saving up for a big expense that is coming up next year. Lord willing, I’ll be taking next summer away from deputation in order to study linguistics classes at Bob Jones University. These classes are very important for my future ministry as a consultant, and already I have felt somewhat hampered in my ministry because I haven’t had this training yet. So I’m looking forward to it. This is still in the very early planning stages, so I’ll let you know more details as time goes on. Please pray for wisdom and provision as I plan for these classes.
LOOKING AHEAD
As we are now well into the second half of 2009, my schedule of meetings for next year is starting to fill. Over the next few months, many churches will be planning their calendars for next year, so please pray as I continue to contact churches in order to set up meetings.In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
Praise Items:
- Encouragement at the BMM Annual Conference;
- My school loans are completely paid off;
- My support level is now at 31%.
- Wisdom and provision as I plan for summer classes next year;
- My 2010 calendar to fill up;
- More additions to my financial support team.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.