“When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt,” (Deuteronomy 20:1). I read this verse in my devotions the other day, and was reminded that although the spiritual battle we face may seem overwhelming at times, the Lord is always with us.
BIBLES INTERNATIONAL’S ANNUAL CONFERENCES
The major highlights of this month were Bibles International’s Annual Retreat and Consultant Seminar. At the Annu
al Retreat, the entire BI staff gathers together for two full days of fellowship, updates on the previous year’s ministries, and relaxation and refreshment. The Consultant Seminar is a six-day conference for the entire Text Production Department (literacy, linguistics, and translation). It is the only time all year when we can all get together to discuss our ministry, problems and solutions, updates, and ways to do our work better. Both of these conferences are vitally important events for our ministry together as a team. Praise the Lord that both went very well. We all enjoyed rich fellowship and profitable meetings together. The biggest blessings for me were the opportunities to get to know my coworkers better, while also learning more about the ministry to which God has called me.
Please continue to pray for the entire team of Bibles International. Right now, we have more translation projects nearing completion than at any other time in the history of BI (as far as I know). It’s a thrilling time to be a part of this ministry, but Satan does not want God’s Word to go forth, and he is doing all he can to hinder it. But the Lord is on our side, and what an encouragement to remember that His is the winning side!
SPIRITUAL HEALTH
Thinking of Satan’s attacks on our ministry reminds me that I also face a personal spiritual battle every day. Without the Lord’s strength and guidance, I can do nothing. Please pray for my continued spiritual health and growth, that I will stay close to the Lord and that I will faithfully follow His will.
SUPPORT INCREASE
My support level continues to rise slowly but steadily. My support estimate was readjusted somewhat to more accurately reflect the living expenses in Africa. This meant that I was actually at 32.5% rather than 31% as I reported in my last letter. On top of this, a supporting church increased their giving, raising my support again to 34%. Over one-third! Praise the Lord again for His provision. Please continue to pray. Every month I am more eager to be serving full-time in the ministry of Bible translation in Africa.
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.