The ink is barely dry on my monthly prayer letter - so to speak - but already there is another change. You may remember I posted an update recently mentioning that my support needs were being re-evaluated. Well, that evaluation is now complete, at least for the time being. My monthly need has been lowered a little - it is now set at $3,278 per month (this includes all regular ministry and personal expenses). This means that I actually have 32.5% of my support, not 31% as I said in my prayer letter. PTL!
But the biggest change is to my Outfit and Passage need. This is a one-time expense that covers the expenses involved in the first term of service - such as language study, plane ticket, shipping, getting a vehicle, and setting up a home. It was originally set at $10,500, but this did not include some of the things I'll need for starting out in Africa, especially the cost of a vehicle. You need a sturdy one in order to live in Africa (at least in Chad), and used vehicles are not a viable option there. So, now figuring in these and other costs, it has been estimated that I will actually need $42,700 for O & P. I already had the $10,500, so I have nearly 25% of this need. Thanks for your prayers for this need. God is providing, and He will continue to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.