Yes, I've finished my second missions conference of the fall season, and this one was my biggest yet. I was pretty intimidated by the large size of the church, not to mention the fact that many of the BMM home office staff attend there. But in spite of my battles with stage fright, the Lord answered prayers by giving me strength. Everyone that I spoke with said that the conference had been a blessing to them. It certainly was to me! The people were so friendly, generous and hospitable.
On the second day of the conference, they had a shower with gifts for all of us missionaries. I knew it was coming, because they had each of us fill out a form to tell them what items we could use, yet I was overwhelmed by the generosity when I saw all the things they had bought and prepared, even going so far as to wrap each item. I know I won't need to buy quite a few different supplies for some time to come!
It was also a blessing to get to know the other missionaries. There were two missionary families, plus me - all of us young missionaries in our 20's and 30's. One family is on their way to Italy, and the other is on their first furlough from Brazil, so we had three different continents represented! It was also kind of neat to discover that all three of us women are MKs!
Yesterday I traveled to southeastern Pennsylvania where most of my dad's family lives. The bright fall colors are already fading to a dull brown, but it was still a pretty drive. I'll be spending this week with my grandmother before heading up to New England for several weeks of conferences and meetings. Thanks for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.