You could say that the conference got off to an unpromising start, when one missionary family that was scheduled to come never showed up. We still don't know what happened to them, and we are all hoping and praying that they are alright. It looked like their absence would mean that there would be no missionary presentation on the Tuesday night of the conference, but only a few hours before the service, the pastor was able to contact a missionary family from Peru who were able to come for the evening. It was neat to see the Lord work that out and provide for that need.
I've been so amazed and humbled by this church's generosity. Every evening, we missionaries received a different gift basket, loaded with goodies and various useful items. One even had a warm, fleecy, homemade blanket! What a lot of love and care went into each basket. I'm praising the Lord for such great blessings from such wonderful people.
Today I will be heading up to Elyria, Ohio, for my second missions conference, but before I leave I have a few prayer requests to share:
- Pray for the family of the pastor of Lindale Baptist Church, as they have been facing many trials lately through deaths in the family. In fact, as I drive to Elyria today, the pastor's wife will be flying to Texas for the funeral of her grandmother who passed away during the conference.
- Pray for this next conference at First Baptist Church of Elyria. It begins tomorrow morning, as we missionaries speak to the kids at the Christian school. I am already feeling tired, so I need the Lord's continued strength. I also need the Lord's wisdom today, as I balance the last-minute preparations for the conference with necessary rest and recuperation.
- Pray most of all that the Lord will be glorified through me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.