Dear Prayer Supporters,
Just before the Israelites crossed the Jordan River, the Lord told them to get ready to see the Lord at work in their lives (Joshua 3:5). After God had worked miraculously and brought all the Israelites across the river, they were to always remember what God had done for them that day (Joshua 4:5-7). So in this prayer letter, I’m looking back at what God has done recently, and looking ahead to what He is going to do in the future.
LOOKING BACK
After I left Michigan at the end of August, I spent several weeks in northern Illinois and Indiana presenting my ministry in several churches. Praise the Lord for another month of good meetings. At one church in northern Indiana, I had a special blessing. My car was due for an oil change and was showing several dashboard lights that I wanted to have checked out. I happened to mention this during a dinner conversation, and was surprised to find that I would be staying with a mechanic and his wife the next evening! He graciously changed the oil for me and checked out the dashboard lights, and gave my car a clean bill of health before I headed home! When my car needs work while I’m traveling, I’m not always able to find a mechanic that I know I can trust, so this was a real blessing.
Praise the Lord that two new churches have taken me on for support this past month! I’m now at about 38% of my total need. I am still praying that I will be able to attend Launch Seminar in January (a necessary step before I can be cleared for the field). I still need 22% of my support in order to attend. Thanks for your continued prayers on this matter.
On October 10, I will hit the deputation trail again with a busy schedule of meetings this fall. I have 5 missions conferences and 4 regular deputation meetings in through the first week of December. Please pray for the Lord’s blessing on each of these meetings, especially the missions conferences, since they are particularly important times for both the churches and the missionary guests.
Although it continues to be difficult to schedule meetings during these times of economic difficulties, the Lord is providing meetings. I have 16 meetings confirmed (and 1 tentative) for next year, and I even have three scheduled for March of 2011 (even though I hope to be on the field by then)! Please continue to pray that the Lord will prepare the hearts of the churches that I contact.
As I mentioned in a recent prayer letter, I am planning to spend the summer of 2010 at Bob Jones University, studying linguistics courses to better prepare me for Bible translation ministry. I’ve already felt somewhat hampered in my ministry without the formal linguistics training, so I’m eager for these studies. I plan to start the application process soon. The total amount of tuition for the 12 credits of graduate study that I need is about $4,600 US. Please pray for wisdom as I apply and plan for these classes.
Thank you all for your faithful prayers and financial support!
In Christ's Service,
Anna Beth Wivell
Praise Items:
1. Good meetings this month;
2. A busy schedule of meetings this fall;
3. Two new supporting churches this month – my support is at 38%.
Prayer Requests:
1. For God’s blessing on meetings this fall;
2. That God will prepare the hearts of the churches I contact;
3. Continued provision of financial needs.
Baptist Mid-Missions
Box 308011
Cleveland, OH 308011
www.bmm.org
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include your NAME and your COMMENT or QUESTION.